Nursing & Sleeping: We started a 2 week long Wonder Week this week. This has made our eating and sleeping schedule a little off and I'm not sure what is best. Adeline had a rough first few days this week where she would only nap for 30 minutes then wake up and not go back to sleep. Someone suggested I go back to feeding every 3 hours vs. 3.5 hrs so I tried that and her naps were better for one day but her night time sleep got worse. She would wake up 2-3 times in the middle of the night. After a few days of this I went back to feeding every 3.5 hrs. My milk supply seems to be better for the 3.5 hr feedings too so instead of more frequent wimpy feedings she is getting fuller feedings. The last time she eats is 9 pm. She then wakes around 1:30-2 and I feed her again. I kept hoping she would make it closer to 3 am to prevent the 5:30 am wake up but so far she is consistent with 1:30 am. If she does wake up again I try just giving her a paci and she usually falls right back to sleep. If she doesn't I'll nurse her on just one side for a small snack and no matter what I wake her up around 7 am to start our day (give or take 15 minutes).
Adeline has had pretty good head/neck strength since she was born and getting stronger everyday.
She also is cooing and smiling more and more. It's those moments that make all the stressful times go away.
Kevin hates it when people post multiples of a similar picture but these were too cute!
Adeline has found her hands and loves to suck on them. She is funny about her paci, she won't always keep it in when i first give it to her and sometimes will knock it out of her mouth so she can suck on her hands instead. Other times its the only thing that will soothe her.
We decorated a small tree for Lillian and Adeline this week. More pictures in a post to come about all our Christmas fun but here is a sneak peek.
Adeline turned 9 Weeks old on Dec. 11th
Nursing/Sleeping: We were in our 2nd week of this wonder week and it has been a much easier week than last week. Adeline has been sleeping great. She stays awake for an hour then I put her back to sleep. I only had to go back in to calm her a handful of times but usually she makes a few noises then falls asleep on her own and sleeps until her next feeding. I hope this is going to become her norm and not just because she has been sleepy due to the wonder week. She is eating every 3.5 hours and has been doing great. She is pretty squirmy when she eats due to gas i'm sure. Still only takes about 10 minutes to eat.
Adeline has started tracking really well. She loves watching the birdies on her swing. She also knows Momma and Daddy's voices and gives us the best smiles.
We went to sister's breakfast with Santa this week at church. Another post with more pictures but we were happy no tears were shed.
More selfie pictures with my sweet girl
Doctor Appointment: Adeline had her 2 month well visit on Dec. 8th. Her stats were: 12 lbs 6 oz and 22.5 inch long. She is up 3lbs and 8 ounces. and 2 in. since her last visit at 10 days old. She is average for weight and 75% for weight and head circumference. (Lillian was 23in and 12lbs 4oz at her 2 month appointment). Poor baby also got all of her shots today. She had a total of 3 and then one was a liquid by mouth. The shots were Hep B, Pneumococcal, and the last shot was 5 in one; Polio, Diptheria, tetanus, Pertussis, and Hib. We had already been at the doctors office for over an hour and half and we were all ready to leave. When they finally came in to give the shots Lillian started having a melt down so I was dealing with her while the nurse was poking Adeline. I felt so bad I couldn't comfort her but the nurse picked her up for me and Adeline was fine. She never seemed to have any reaction to the shots. I did give her some baby Motrin twice that day and she slept pretty much all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment