Thursday, August 13, 2015

Baby #2: Pregnancy Week 32

32 Weeks! as of Wednesday August 12th
Baby's Growth:
  • She's getting ready for her descent — she's likely in the head-down position now.
  • And she's probably feeling even more cramped.

Symptoms:
- I wouldn't be surprised if K2 comes out looking like Carrot Top with the heartburn I have had. It's not the worst symptom to have but it is no fun either.
- Having hard time getting comfortable at night. I have actually slept on our couch a couple nights because the back cushions support my back well. I have a pregnancy pillow that worked great with Lillian (in the winter) but makes me super hot during these summer months so I hate using it. My
- My fingers will swell occasionally I took my rings off once or twice this week just to make sure they don't get stuck but majority of the time I still wear them.
- Fatigue has started to hit again this last week. I never feel sleepy but I admit there are some days where I will give Lillian the iPad for an hour just so I can sit and relax for a bit. Also if I start cleaning or Lillian and I go outside to play I usually only last about 20-30 minutes before I just need to sit down for a few minutes before we get going again.
- People ask if it is harder this time around because I have to chase a toddler around but I don't think that makes it harder. Lillian isn't super rambunctious. The hard part to me is the squatting down to help her put shoes or clothes on. Or bending over to grab something she dropped. She also wants me to hold her and I physically can't because she is to heavy!
- I am not as hungry at dinner time as I had been. Some meals I just feel like eating cereal. Maybe this will help slow down the weight gaining.


Movement:
K2 has gone from a gymnast doing flips in my belly to the Karate Kid with her punches and kicks. I'm pretty sure she has the roundhouse kick down. Also anytime of day I lay flat on my back you can see the waves of movement in my belly. I said it with Lillian and the same rings true for K2, it is literally like something you would see in Men in Black. An alien moving throughout my body just waiting to pop out at you.

Weight Gain:
I can't see the scale anymore due to the pumpkin resting in my midsection but at the doctor yesterday they said I had gained about 30lbs. Hoping I won't gain anymore now but I know now is the time she really starts to gain weight so all hope is lost.

Doctor Appointment:
We had our 32 week check up. Nothing new to report. I really haven't had any questions or concerns when I go so I basically wait forever to see the doctor he asks how I'm feeling I say great. The listen to the heartbeat and measure my belly and I am out the door. Yesterday I had a 3rd year med-student see me with the doctor and he was nice but he measured me at 35 weeks and said K2's heart rate was 128 which is A LOT lower than normally has been so I'm not sure if that was accurate but we do know its still beating and no concerns even if it was 128 bpm. I did overhear another lady talking in the waiting room about her friend (who is due October 1st) and how her water just broke. Even though I'm over being pregnant I pray she will continue to grow and develop and be a strong healthy girl when we do meet her. Prayers for the other Mama though as I know she is stressed out up in the hospital praying her sweet baby.

Name: 
We FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have a name for K2. I had thought of the name before and may have even mentioned it but thought of it again this week and asked Kevin what he thought. He said he liked it and we sat on it for a few days to make sure and finally decided yes this is what her name should be. So without further ado her name will be Adeline Kate Kanzelmeyer. It flows well in our opinion and fits with Lillian Claire. I also may have liked it more because I had a wooden Monogram of aKk already because those are mine and Kevin's initials and I never painted it for our front door so now I can save a few bucks and use it for Adeline. Yes I realize I am cheap. :) I am not big on nicknames. I never call Lillian Lily (don't care if others do I just haven't) but I do like Addie as a nickname for Adeline so we will just see what I end  up calling her. Kevin said he will probably call her Addie more often than Adeline. He spells it ADDY though but I'm use to ADDIE because that is one of my best friends names growing up so again we will see what happens. It was a lot harder coming up with a name this time around and I hate that there isn't any family significance (technically Kate is my sister-in-laws middle name and we have a couple friends with girls named Addie we adore) but we just like the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment