We spent her birthday morning at Toys R Us and Barnes and Noble. Both stores have a birthday club for kids and Toys R Us will give kids a birthday balloon and crown. She was in heaven with that balloon. We hung around the store for a little bit checking out all the toys. It was fun to see all caught her eye, basically anything that lights up or makes a noise.
Afterwards we headed over to Barnes and Noble for our free cookie. Last year we got the free cupcake because it was Cheesecake Factory but it was nasty so this year we opted for the Reese PB cup cookie. That thing was enormous. We looked at all the books and read a few and played with the train table while we ate then headed back home.
Friday Lillian had her 2 year well check up. She weighs 27.9lbs and was 34.5in. tall. It hit me again that she is no longer a baby when they weighed her standing on a legit scale and stood next to the stadiometer (height rod). She feels heavy to me when I hold her but she is about average for weight and above average for height. She is not a fan of the doctor looking in her ears or mouth but she did ok and luckily she only had to get one shot, Hep A. Best I could get for a picture
Saturday was Lillian's birthday party. We had family come in town and a few friends come to the party. We had originally planned on having it at our house until the roof leaked and we had a hole in our ceiling all week. I had gone ahead and called our church to use their fellowship hall instead and I am glad I did because it turned out Saturday morning our water had gotten turned off for about 2 hours due to some construction. I have been planning her party for awhile now and I always have an much bigger envision of what all I want to do until it comes time to do it. I scaled it back quite a bit and I am glad I did. It is much easier to plan out on pinterest than it is to execute. Her theme was Hot Air Balloons, based on a Jelly the Pug outfit I bought her on Zulily before she was even 1 yr. old. The only picture we got of her showing her full outfit. It was super cute although I'm not sure many people noticed there were actually hot ait balloons on it.
We kept it simple and had some small munchies and cupcakes. thankfully Kevin knows me well and took quite a few pictures for me.
you can kind of see the centerpiece here, it is one of those paper lanterns with jute hanging down tied to the basket with a dowel rod holding it sturdy. Way harder to put together than I thought it would be but a cheap decoration.
I ended up making cupcakes instead of buying a cake because it was cheaper. I think cakes look so cute but I hate fondant icing and to do a fun cake like I had pictured would have required fondant. It wasn't worth the money just for the looks. I found this free printable on pinterest at http://candacetodd.blogspot.ca/2011/11/hot-air-balloons.html for the Hot Air Balloon cut outs and made them into cupcake toppers.
For the party favor I tried to do something that went with the theme and just put cotton candy in cellophane bags and called them clouds. I found another free printable on pinterest with these thank you tags here http://www.thelittleumbrella.com/printables/53,bird-and-bunting-round-favor-labels/.
Lillian loved having everyone sing Happy Birthday to her. I was glad it didn't scare her but she did awesome and LOVED all the attention. She even managed to blow out a candle! Here is a video of us singing Happy Birthday
And my last idea from pinterest was the photo op hot air balloon
Poppa, Lillian, and Nena
Papa, Lillian and Nana
We are so appreciative to everyone who came out to celebrate Lillian's birthday and for her gifts. She racked up on some super cute toys, new books, and clothes. You all are very special people in her life and we are so grateful for our family and our friends we made here in Huntsville the last two years.







No comments:
Post a Comment