Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Lillian's 18th Month

Lillian turned 18 months old on September 19th. She seems so big now and my "baby" is growing into a little girl...

Weight: 24lbs
Height: about 31in. (hard to measure a squiggly worm)

Things she has been doing and up to since my last monthly post.

- Lillian is very vocal. Most words are gibberish but we can tell she is just taking in so much and one day she is just to start blabbering and never stop.

- Can stack multiple blocks. I'm not sure if this is a huge accomplishment for her age or if she is behind but to me that's pretty stinking awesome if you can stack four blocks on each other without knocking them over. That takes eye hand coordination and control.

- Recognizes when we pull into our driveway that we are home. I'm not sure if she knows because of what she sees out the window or the huge dip between the road and driveway but either way as soon as I pull in she lifts her hands up and makes the same noise like she is saying we're home let me out.

-she has started her temper tantrums. They aren't terrible, she doesn't throw herself on the ground (yet) but she gives me this look a lot now and although it is very funny I can't react because that's exactly what she is waiting for. She knows what a spanking is and instead of spanking her for her fits I say "be sweet or you will get a spanking" and she stops (most of the time). So far they are only occasionally. I feel like as long as she eats and sleeps on her normal schedule she is okay.

- She knows exactly where her food is and where her cups are. When Lillian is hungry she will walk straight to the fridge or pantry and point to exactly what she wants whether its her "milk-milk" grapes or raisins. She even brought me the gallon of milk one time saying "milk-milk" over and over.
and while we were at some friends lake house she made herself at home in their fridge as well 

- We are still trying to get down to one nap a day but when I skip her morning nap her afternoon nap is still the same length, about an hour and 15 min. Then she is exhausted by 5 (dinner time) and gets super whiny. So for now we are continuing with morning nap generally 45 min to an hour and afternoon hour 15 min to an hour and a half.

- I'll ask her if she wants to go outside and she gets very excited. Girl loves to be outside. thankfully this last week we have had some awesome fall weather so I don't mind be out there for a few hours.





On one of the warmer days I put to her to work and we washed my car. Here is a video of her playing in the water to cool off.



- She loves her Toms shoes.
 They are a little big for her but small enough she can walk in them. Anytime I tell her to go get her shoes she always grabs her Toms. I have learned that if I already have an outfit planned that won't match the Toms I make sure not to tell her to get the shoes to avoid any melt downs. Speaking of shoes, she has started comprehending matching. I'll have one shoe in my hand and ask her where the other one is and she'll look and look on her shoe shelf until she finds the match. Its pretty cute because she stares so intently at the shelf looking for the right shoe and if it's upside down she totally doesn't see it so I'll help her out and make sure they are visible.

- Lillian loves to put Daddy's socks on his feet. Somehow there always seems to be a sock laying around (not pointing any fingers Daddy) and Lillian will find it and put it on Daddy's foot. She hasn't mastered how it actually goes on but she is so proud of herself when she gets it to stay on.


- Over this past weekend we went to Isom's Orchard Farm In Athens. It is not a pick your own farm but they always have tons of vegetables and when in season, apples, peaches, and pumpkins. We love to get our apples from there and get their apple freezes, basically an apple slushy but no added sugar so healthy right? :). Just straight blended apples and maybe some ice? So delicious so I shared with Lillian but next time she might have to get her own or share more with Daddy! 


1 comment:

  1. Her radiant smile is enough to tell me what a great Mommy and Daddy she has!

    ReplyDelete