Thursday, September 18, 2014

7th Wedding Anniversary


Kevin and I celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary on September 15th. We generally don't do anything really big but try to always do something around that date to acknowledge a very important date for us. We through out a couple ideas but decided on just a nice dinner out as a family was all we wanted. Yes Lillian did come out to eat with us and did awesome. We left for dinner at about 5pm to have enough time out before Lillian's bed time at 7pm. We went to Connors Steak and Seafood. It was very delicious. Kevin and I both got a juicy 12oz ribeye steak (leftovers became kevin's steak and egg breakfast) and Lillian got grilled chicken and mashed potatoes. Like I said it was sooo tasty but also pretty pricey (for our wallets at least) but it was nice to not have to worry about the prices since we plan in our budget for special occasions like this. Lillian's chicken was really good too and I had it for leftovers the next day. Her meal was only $5 and it was a lot of food.

After dinner we headed to Home Depot (romantic huh :) ). One thing Kevin and I did a lot before we had Lillian and lived in our own house in GA was build things. Here are a couple of things we built/refinished in the past



my craft table before it was filled with junk



my favorite thing he has made yet. He regrets making it though because it is so heavy and we have already moved it twice :)

Some big some small but good times together. Kevin has got skills and I'm just a good Al Borlin; make sure he measures twice and cuts once and doesn't cut anything appendages off. We can't do much here in our rental and we don't have all the tools anymore like in GA but I still love when we work together to make something so we did something small. I had a 11x14 frame I bought at the Nashville Flea Market for $1 and we bough some MDF and chalkboard spray paint and made a new chalkboard. Small and silly but it is something I had been wanting so it was perfect for that night. We stopped at Dairy Queen on the way home for dessert but unfortunately their registers were down so no ice cream for us. Probably a good thing because I was still so full and did not need anything else in my belly. Once we got home we put Lillian to bed. Kevin made sure the wood fit in the frame properly and got everything ready to paint. He has mad painting skills too but he let me spray the first few coats then he did the last coat for a nice finish. We had to wait 24 hrs to dry and the next evening he had it all sanded and completed. Here is the final product thanks to the hubby


Nothing fancy but totally us and I enjoyed the time together. I have heard that there is a "7 year itch" in a relationship but we made it past year 7 (married and 4 years before that) and because we focus on the importance of our marriage and the relationship we both have with God I'm not worried about it. I won't be naive and say it'll all be sunshine and rainbows but I know we will make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment