Thursday, December 13, 2012

26 weeks

I thought we took a picture but can't seem to find it at this moment. This one will have to do for now
Symptoms: No symptoms really this week. Just noticing my belly feeling bigger and a little uncomfortable. More movement by Lillian and also random pains in my abdomen which is normal. Again i am very thankful for how easy this pregnancy has been.

Weight: still gaining about 1lb a week although i'm staying pretty steadily this week. At 26 weeks i was at about 23 lbs gained. My fingers have gotten swollen at times but never too bad where i couldn't get my rings off with a little help from some lotion.

Cravings: I actually had a legit craving this week. We were on our way home from out of town and i had been wanting some ice cream. Not just any ice cream would do though i was CRAVING a DQ Blizzard. I had mentioned wanting it to Kevin but knew i didnt really need it so i didn't bring it up again. About an hour later we were getting onto a major interstate and had to stop first for me to go potty. We stopped at a McDonalds and i saw an advertisement for a McFlurry. it looked so good but that's not what i wanted i wanted a blizzard so it got me thinking about a Blizzard again. I get back in the car and casually mentioned how good a blizzard sounded but again said i don't need it. Well about 10 minutes later i decided  the rest of the car ride would be miserable if i did not get a Blizzard so my husband said to let him know when i saw a sign and we would stop. Of course we drove what seemed like 20 miles and did not see a single DQ. We then got smart and realized wecould just look up a loction on our phones and sure enough the next exit had one. Needless to say i finally got my blizzard (reese peanut butter cup) and it was crazy how much of a better mood i was in.

Movement: She is non stop moving all over the place, and i love it. I love when Kevin gets to feel her. He initiates trying to get her to move and its so sweet. One morning he was trying to feel her move and she was so still so Kevin started talking to her and as soon as he said like two words she moved!.

Dr. Appt. : I had my 1 hour glucose test on Monday. This is the test where you have to drink the sugary drink within 5 minutes and then get blood drawn. They are testing for gestational diabetes and if your levels come by elevated you have to take another test. Lucky me on Thursday i got a phone call that said i needed to take the second test. Part of me knew it was not a big deal but being at work and thinking what affects GD has on a baby got me all worked up. Thanks to the support of the husband and wonderful friends on Facebook telling me they all had to take the second test i was no longer worried. The next Monday I went in for the 3 hour test. They took blood once then had me drink the sugary drink again. (FYI it's not as awful as some people say. I had a lemon lime flavor and it basically tasted like a flat sprite) They then take more blood once every hour. Yes that means 4 times in the same arm they stabbed me. I was dreading having to sit in the doctors office for 3 hours but Kevin was able to come for half of it so that helped time go by. They said they would let me know when 3 days but ended up calling me the next day to say everything looked fine. That was a huge relief. I do have to admit that it got me thinking about how I need to be eating better anyways if not for me for little Lillian.  I'm such a picky eater (literally i eat like a 5yr old) so i have made it a point to make sure i eat better going forward. Cutting back on sugary foods is first (note i said cutting back not eliminating) and try to eat healthier foods that i already like. i.e. whole grains and more fruit since i hate veggies. Any suggestions would be great.


No comments:

Post a Comment