I wasn't worried about her going to school. I knew she would really enjoy it but the night before I started to worry about her being independent. At home we try to have her do things on her own but the two I didn't think to teach her prior to MMO was going potty by herself and eating lunch. I naturally just wipe her after she goes potty so i know she is clean. She can wipe herself and she did fine her first day but I still worry about her going #2. The second concern was eating lunch. She eats okay at home but I had to think about what I sent her with and if she'd be able to open the packages. Later I found out they have helpers who open food for them but I was trying to make it easy on them. I just put everything in ziplock bags and her lunch box came home empty so I guess she ate it all.
After we drop her off she has snack time, she is always more pleasant after eating. Then the rest of her schedule is something like, Chapel, academics/art, playtime, lunch, and music. With some potty breaks thrown in there. Here are the pictures we took that morning.
Checking out her shadow as she walked into school
pictures with Daddy before going inside
When we went to pick her up her teacher said she did great. We asked her about her day in the car and even tried again later that evening but all we got out of her was Yes and I don't know. We asked her if she met any new friends and she said yes. We asked their names and she said Ms. Morgan. I asked her anyone else's name and she said I don't know. We are thankful she had a good day and loves her teacher. Hopefully her second day of school will bring more conversation.
No comments:
Post a Comment