Adeline was busy growing developmentally this month. Here are some milestones we hit this month:
-Sat up unsupported for the first time and there was no looking back. This girl does not like to be laying down and has to see what is going on around her. She has realized there are so many more things to explore sitting up.
This toy has been awesome. I push it up against the couch so it doesn't roll
She also loves to stand up either against something or holding our hands.
-Turned the bath tub around to sitting position
Started solids this month. Adeline's first solid was peas with the skin peeled off. It was a spur of the moment feeding. Her first true solids were banana and then banana and avocado mashed together. She loved it! She had a hard time keeping it in her mouth at first but has learned to work it around with her tongue. I also gave her oatmeal cereal a few times. I wish it was easier for her to get out of a bottle because I only feed her that to help fill her belly to help sleep through the night. She seems to be better at keeping food in her mouth if it's more solid. I boiled some sticks of sweet potato and she loved it.
We got this bib as a gift and I love it. So easy to clean and not hard plastic with three adjustable widths for around the neck.
Daddy trying to keep the food in her mouth
-Speaking of sleeping through the night she went a solid 12 hours on March 25th. Unfortunately she woke up twice the next night. I have tried letting her cry it out a few times but she seems to be waking due to hunger. If I just go ahead and feed her when she wakes in the MOTN then she will sleep the rest of the night. If I just put her paci back in she wakes an hour later like clock work. On April 2nd I changed up her eating schedule and it made a positive difference. I feed Adeline every four hours starting at 7:30 am, 11:30 am, 3:30 pm, and 7:30 pm. Well my change was feeding at 6:30 pm instead of 7:30 pm and then one last time before I go to bed and she would wake up on her own around 10 pm. So I guess it's like a dream feed but I hope she just wakes on her own around 10 pm. and so far Adeline sleeps through the night 90% of the time with that change.
-wearing size 3 diapers and 6 month or 6-12 month clothes and sometimes 9 months but generally they are still too big.
- Starting to get some hair, although I love her bald head. It is so soft and I love kissing it!
- Still no teeth but surely we are getting close with all the chewing on things and drooling she has been doing.
Dr. APPT: Adeline had her 6 month well checkup on April 12th and surprsingly we were in and out of there in 45 minutes! What! that never happens, but made this momma happy to not wait forever. My beautiful chunky chunk baby girl is apparently growing and shrinking.
Here are her stats from her 4 month appoint:
Weight: 16lbs
Height: 25 3/4 in.
Head Circumference: 16
Weight: 18.8lbs
Height: 25 1/2 in.
HC: 17 1/6in.
So with those new stats she is now 94% for weight and dropped to 25% for height. I've never felt they were very accurate with height measurements. They just lay the baby down and mark with a pen from head to toe on the sheet. So I remeasured her at home both in height and weight and Adeline is 2 lbs bigger but 2 inches shorter than Lillian was at 6 months.
Doctor said she is looking great. Has great muscle control. He had no concerns for her eating solid foods already. She had two shots today and an oral vaccine. Same vaccines from her 4 month appointment.
Fun with neighbors
Enjoyed the swings at the park for the first time on April 5th.
Wearing a dress made by Nana back when mommy was a baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment