We had our second meeting with our designer on Januaray 22nd. First let me say our designer, Becky, is awesome!!! She has great ideas that really helped us narrow down the 80 million decisions we had to make that day. I feel like Kevin and I got to choose what we were envisioning and she helped us see what all details looked best together. Our meeting was 2 hours and the first hour and 15 minutes was the exterior options. We chose brick and mortar colors, trim paint, siding paint, and roof. The fewer the options is sometimes better to me but you can't just pick the brick without deciding on trim and siding color to compliment. Becky did awesome about helping work through our vision and we came to an agreement I am so excited about. The next 30 minutes was spent choosing the cabinets and countertops in the kitchen and bathroom, and backsplash. I could not believe we made a decision in 30 minutes. I have spent so much time on pinterest and houzz.com looking at different ideas and thought for sure I would be overwhelmed but Becky was awesome and helped us pull it all together beautifully. It probably also helped that we had already spent a good portion of our money during the Plan Review so I told her to limit me to the options that are included in the base price first to keep costs low. For those that saw my post on facebook we did end up going with the off white cabinets in the kitchen! Here is a picture of the cabinet color with backsplash and grout and countertops.

Hard to tell in the picture but the cabinets are off white and backsplash is very light grey
I forgot to take a picture of the brick but here is a picture of the trim, front door, and siding colors.
The door isn't as green as it looks here but if you really care they are all Sherwin Williams paint colors. Natural Choice= trim Dovetail= Siding Underseas=front door. I'm excited that the front door will pop a little but not be nauseating!
No comments:
Post a Comment