birth·day
[burth-dey]Duh we all know what a birthday is and Friday May 2nd was my Birthday!!! I think birthdays are the most special holiday (in a greedy way) not because you get gifts but because it's YOUR special day. People HAVE to be nice to you on your birthday (at least they should). Growing up we always got to decide what we wanted to eat for every meal on our birthday. Seriously anything. I think one year my brother had Reese cups for breakfast. Kevin is great about carrying on this tradition and said I could have anything I wanted. Well I love breakfast anyways so I was obviously going to pick a breakfast food for breakfast. The options I was pondering were Krispy Kreme donuts or Waffle House. I love both but we don't get waffle house much and always seem to find ourselves at Krispy Kreme on Sunday mornings so I chose Waffle House. We waited for Lillian to wake up and headed out before Kevin had to go to work. Since we did waffle house we totally skipped showers and I am not a happy person until I have my breakfast so there was no time to waste. Here is Lillian and I getting a quick birthday photo while we waited for our food.
Do we have sleepy eyes or what!
After breakfast we came back home, daddy went to work and Lillian went down for a nap. My mom and dad came down for the day with my PawPaw so he could see Lillian. He is a loud guy and talks non-stop so I was a little worried Lillian would be scared of him but she was great. I was able to capture a few pictures of him holding her.
We went out for Lunch, my choice, so I picked Little Rosies. It's Mexican and I don't know why but I have been craving it lately and Kevin isn't a huge fan so this was a perfect time to go. We didn't do much the rest of the day and my family left later that afternoon. Kevin and I didn't really have any plans for that night. I like family time for birthdays so we actually went grocery shopping (something I don't like to do by myself but can't let Kevin go alone because he doesn't use the coupons) then picked up some yummy P.F. Changs to go for dinner. I had some awesome Mongolian beef but apparently they don't know how to cook brown rice because it was hard and gross. We put Lillian to bed and enjoyed our dinner and watched a movie. Nothing too spectacular but all about me and whatever I wanted to do. Oh and there was a funny story about the cake. While shopping at Kroger I decided instead of going out for "fro-yo" I wanted an ice cream cake. I prefer ice cream cake over regular cake or cupcakes. I knew they sold cakes at the store so we went and got one out of the bakery freezer. Well when we went to cut it the knife went straight through, not a good sign because the one downfall of ice cream cake is it is so hard to cut. Well we found out the hard way that the bakery puts some of their cakes in the freezer next to those Carvel ice cream cakes and we grabbed a regular cake instead. It was still really good, chocolate Oreo with cream cheese icing. It ended up being a good thing because we shared it with some friends and didn't add on any extra pounds before our beach trip.
Lillian's present to me was her walking!! She is still working on it but she took a good 4 steps or so. We got it on video here Then Sunday we were at a friend's house with super soft carpet and Lillian took about 8 steps multiple times there.
When we were heading out the door for breakfast I saw these beautiful flowers and a box on our table. I use to always say I think flowers are a waste of money but my mind changed somewhere along the way of life and I love them now. They make the house feel so cheery.
Kevin surprised me with this Pandora bracelet. I typically wear my cheap Target sports watch and a hair tie on my wrists but I love this bracelet for two reasons. 1. Kevin picked it out and the first charm is Lillian's birth stone. 2. It is something nice I can wear when my sports watch is not appropriate and each new charm will symbolize something special for me. Every piece of nice jewelry I have is something Kevin bought me over the last 10 years we have been together and I haven't lost any of them. They are very special to me just as he is. Okay, enough with the mushy gushy. I had an awesome 29th birthday thanks to all my friends for the well wishes!
.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment