Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Lillian's 13th Month Summary

Not sure I remembered what all went on this month but I tried to jot stuff down throughout the month. Lillian turned 13 months old on Saturday April 19th.

"Mom, seriously put the camera down"


She does not care to take posed pictures so this was the best I could get

Sleep: Lillian's naps had become shorter (1.5 hrs. down to about 40 mins.) I thought maybe she was ready to switch over to just one nap a day so we tried it on Tuesday March 25th. Normally Lillian wakes up between 7 and 7:10 I nurse her and we hang out in bed while daddy gets ready for work then we eat breakfast around 7:45 am then she goes back to sleep at about 8:45 am. I was trying to spread things out to keep her awake and occupied so I didn't feed her actual breakfast until about 8:15. Then we watched baby Einstein, played, got dressed and headed out of the house. Luckily there was a story time going on at the library at 9:30 that morning. She cried the whole way there but she did great while we were there. Next (about 10 am) we went to the grocery store and she did awesome. But back in the car she started getting fussy and about 7 minutes from home she fell asleep. I woke her up fed her lunch then put her down for a nap at 12 pm. She woke up an hour later. Not what I was hoping for. Long story short the next day she woke up with a runny nose and very fussy she was finally cutting her 3rd tooth so we put transitioning to one nap a day on the back burner for now. She is sleeping great at night though, 11-12 hrs. About a week later she was back to sleeping an hour in the morning and about 2 hrs. in the afternoon.

Eating: Not much has changed she still will eat a ton of food one week and then not as much the next.  She generally eats whatever we are eating plus some extra veggies. She has started becoming a little more picky in that she refuses some foods one night then will eat it the next. More of like a taste preference for the night. She does eat veggies better first if we don't show her the fruit until after a few bites. She loves the little squeeze pouches of apple sauce or the fruit and veggie if i can find them on sale. I find it hard to pay $1.40 for 4oz of pureed food. She did have kale chips with Daddy for the first time and actually liked them.


Teeth: We finally cut a 3rd tooth on March 26th. She has had her four top front teeth slightly showing through the gums but one finally came through. It was her far left one of the four. You may notice in the pictures she has her paci. She used to only get it when going to sleep or in church but we realized it helps her while teething too and unfortunately I think now it is a habit we will have to break. oh well whatever makes her happy right! ;)

Walking: Lillian is standing on her own more and took 1 1/2 steps on her own while we were outside on March 28th. She has only done that maybe 2 or 3 times and I have noticed she has better balance when we are outside on the grass than inside on the carpet or hardwood. We practice her walking from Momma to Daddy and she loves it. We praise her big time and it gets her all excited so she doesn't last long before she starts to lose balance from the excitement.

We had Lillian's birthday party early so on her actual birthday we made sure to celebrate. Barnes and Noble has a Kids Club and on your birthday you get a free cupcake or cookie, 30% off list price on any one kids' book or toy for your children for joining and $5 reward for every $100 you spend on kids’ stuff online and in stores. We headed there after her nap and got our cupcake that ended up tasting like 3 days old, read a birthday book, and played with the train set.



(Her dress my cousin Teri made and is reversible with a bunny on the other side so we wore it to our Easter egg hunt too!)

Doctor Appointment: We had Lillian's 1 year checkup on March 21st. We had to wait again so she wasn't in the best mood when we got back. She is more aware of whats going on around her now and did not care for the doctor checking her ears and throat. He actually was smart and gave her a tongue depressor too and that helped distract a little. She still hates to be laid down (except for going to sleep) so that made her upset and then she had to get shots which were painful but as usual by the time we got dressed and out of the room  she was all smiles waving bye bye to everyone.

April fools day was not a good one for us. Lillian fell and hit her head pretty hard for the first time that day. Scared me to death I picked her up and immediately saw a bruise and big 'ol goose egg. Luckily it was on her forehead (pretty hard spot) and was not indented. If it is a dent instead of a goose egg go to the ER. I knew she was not seriously injured because she was crying and never lost consciousness but I still called Kevin at work in tears and he came home to check on us. Very happy that we live so close to his work so he could do that. It helped calm me and Lillian down. It had happened right after a nap for her so I didn't have to worry about her going to sleep. She was fussy later in the afternoon but I was too scared to let her go to sleep although she did end up falling asleep about 4.5 hours later during dinner in her high chair. Kevin was cooking and turned to look at her and she was out. She never falls asleep (unless in her crib or swing) unless she is REALLY tired.

Here is a picture of her poor little bruised forehead the next day.

On April 6th Lillian's fever had been gone about two days and I noticed a rash on her belly and back when I was changing her. I got worried it was an allergic reaction because I had given her peanut butter that day on some goldfish. Naturally I took a picture and sent it to my mom.
It's very hard to tell in this picture but she thought it could be Roseola. Very common virus in children but hard to know they have it until the rash shows up. So we are not sure if she had the fever, runny nose, and "loose stools" because of teething or the roseola. It was gone a day later so I never called the doctor.

We had some weather friendly days this month and took full advantage of getting outside a couple times. 







No comments:

Post a Comment