Saturday, March 9, 2013

39 & 40 weeks

Well we've made it to 40 weeks. Today, March 8th, was Lillian's due date but she has decided to stay snuggled inside for a little longer. Technically yesterday was her due date because I am writing this at 4 in the morning on March 9th. Yes I said 4 am! This has been a typical break in my sleep patterns theses last few nights. I'll wake up to go potty and then not be able to fall back asleep for at least two hours. Luckily I can take naps during the day but it's still frustrating that I just lay here awake.

Enough about that, and onto what this last week has been like.

Symptoms: I have definitely noticed some changes this week, besides not being able to sleep well. My hands and feet get swollen more often and my hands/fingers actually ache. I have woken up multiple times during the night and both hands will have "fallen asleep" you know that tingly feeling which usually happens when your circulation is bad. but I don't know why it happens on both hands I lay on only one side so the other hand is free. I haven't noticed any contractions that I know of. People keep telling me i'll know for sure when it's an actual contraction so for now the feelings to me are just her moving around and Braxton hicks. I have felt some cramping in my lower abdomen usually after I eat. It's like a strong feeling of pressure on my bladder so I will go pee but it'll continue to hurt for maybe 5 minutes or so then be gone. I was more tired at work this week but that could just be because my lack of solid sleep. More naps have been taken.

DR. Appt: When I went to the doctor this week they said Miss Lillian still looks to be doing well but nothing had really changed has far as progressing. I was now 1 1/2 cm dilated but still not effaced. Bummer to hear but I keep hoping that what they say is true in that being dilated doesn't really give an idea of when she will come it could happen fast or slow. By the way I feel it may be the latter. If she hasn't come by Tuesday march 12th I go to the doctor again and they will discuss options of being induced. I have no desire to be induced but I know there are pros and cons of it and of her not coming well into 42 weeks. I pray God will help provide us an answer if it comes down to it.

Thoughts: Am I just miserable and ready for this to be over you might ask?... Not necessarily, as I have said this pregnancy has been easy compared to what I have heard others go through and I haven't felt miserable. Tired, restless, and annoyed yes but not miserable :). With that said, I am just ready to meet this precious gift we have been blessed with and I wish she would just hurry up and come. The waiting of not knowing is killing me yet still exciting. Plus she has lots of people waiting on her  and we don't want to keep the people waiting. I hoping this Sunday she decide she's ready. My parents will be back in town,( yes my mom, crazy lady waiting to be a Nana forever, left 2 days before my due date to go on trip my dad was given by work. but I am so glad they did because nothing is happening here and it sounds like the trip so far has been awesome for them, and they deserve it.) and Kevin is already here this weekend and I don't want to worry about having to call him to drive back here in time in case my water breaks suddenly. Plus Kevin's mom leaves this coming Saturday to go out of town to help my sister in law with her 3 kids. Again though we will leave it in God's hands as his timing will  be perfect.

Best moment of the week: duh having Kevin back in town! But also we had an awesome Friday date day! My last day of work was Thursday!!!!! A little excited about that. :) and Friday Kevin and I got to enjoy what it must be like to be retired. We slept until we wanted to then had breakfast then went back to sleep, ran a couple errands, did a little shopping( lots of walking to motivate Lillian but no luck), and had a nice steak dinner out then came home and rented a movie. Yes it was as wonderful as it sounds and it didn't hurt that I have the best husband to spend it with.

Hopefully next post will be full of sweet pictures of miss Lillian Claire!


2 comments:

  1. you have THE best attitude about all of this!!! I'm SUPER impressed :) Also so proud that you're not pushing for induction! Hopefully she'll come on her own! So funny that your mom is out of town, but I'm SO glad that they went as well. I know you would have felt bad if they hadn't gone and you were still just chilling waiting on Lillian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' your attitude too!!! She will come in God's perfect timing, & it gives me hope that you aren't miserable...just anxious to meet her! :) I still feel great (I'm only 32 weeks though) & hope I am still feeling like this so little man can come on his own time. OH, and in good news, we learned in our childbirth class that most first time moms who are NOT induced end up delivering around 41 weeks! Maybe she'll be here soon!! Keep walking!!! :)

    ReplyDelete