Sunday, February 24, 2013

38 Weeks!


Lillian should be weighing in around 6.8lbs and about 19 1/2 in. Long. 

Best moment of the week: I actually drove out to Huntsville this weekend to see Kevin. It was so nice, I took Friday off and we had the whole weekend together. We got so much accomplished in Lillian's nursery and my car was full of more clothes and such for Lillian. Kevin and I had our last date night before miss Lillian arrives. Here is the picture we took at Yogurt Mountain, which by the way is very delicious and we will be visiting there often this summer.


Symptoms: I have noticed my feet have started swelling more often and occasionally I'll notice it in my hands as well. This morning in church I got really hot and nauseous all of the sudden and noticed my fingers were some big ol' sausage links. I think it was because I had to much sugar that morning for breakfast and no water. 


Weight: since I went to Huntsville this weekend I was able to weigh myself on our home scale which is what I had been keeping track on for most of the pregnancy and I am happy with knowing I only gained about 35lbs total. I was shooting for no more than 30 tops but considering I didn't do anything to keep my weight under control 35 is not bad.

Cravings: none as long as I eat I am pretty satisfied.

Movement: movement ha been strong still especially after I eat, but I have been feeling different kinds of movement and lots of pressure in certain areas since she has dropped. And because she is now head first and dropped I have to use the potty WAY more often.

Dr. Appt: this is actually my 37th week dr appt. I hadn't progressed much since last week but I was 1cm dilated and she had dropped but I was not effaced at all. I'm hoping there will be some progress when I go this week. I will be 38 weeks and 4 days. I asked the doctor how I will know when I start having contractions and he said you will just know. So I don't think I have had any yet. I do think I have had some Braxton hicks during the last two weeks but the only way I can describe those is like a tightness in my stomach. It doesn't really hurt but if I touch my belly it literally feels like a rock and then it just goes away.

I am not really nervous or scared about labor yet. i pray that we don't have any complications and she comes out healthy and strong. My only concern at this point is that Kevin makes it to the hospital in time and that Lillian is actually a girl. My sister keeps having dreams that Lillian is actually a boy. Her dreams never come true so let's hope it continues to be that way. I'm am just so ready to meet her and see what/who she looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment