Monday, May 13, 2013

My First Mother's Day

I have been so blessed to become a mother to this beautiful gift from God.



Not the best picture but here is the outfit she wore to church. Lillian's 2nd cousin Amy made it for her. She looked so cute and this outfit makes me want to learn how to sew.

Lillian is my full time job and this is by far the best job I have ever had. Sure, it's 24/7 but the moment she looks up at me and smiles or grabs hold of my hand it's worth it. I had a great day with my family, thanks to my hubby he really helped make my first mother's day memorable. This was my mother's day gift, it is an 18x20 canvas

Here is a close up 

you may have seen it in my previous pictures because it arrived from UPS early and I opened when Kevin wasn't home not knowing it was a surprise. It is my favorite picture of our family. Kevin still had a gift for me on Mother's Day. He told me I was not allowed to do any chores/cleaning of the house (he did it all) and I did not have to change any poopie diapers. Sounds silly but it was the perfect gift, because I didn't feel obligated to clean anything. I got to catch up on some crafty organization projects I had been wanting to do. Here is what I made so far.

I covered a diaper box with fabric, right now it holds our chips until I can find a better use, but this has helped declutter the pantry for now. 


After church we went to eat lunch then headed home for Lillian to eat then headed out to the park as a family.  We went to one of the Greenways here in Huntsville. The Greenways are open spaces and trails along natural features and scenic roadways throughout Huntsville for pedestrians and bicyclists to enjoy. The weather was perfect, almost a little chilly when the wind blew. 


Here is a video of how we finished off our night relaxing together and Lillian entertained us with her smiles and chatter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3HhI09xIdg&feature=youtu.be

I am so thankful for my own mom who has taught me so much about being a Mom just by example. I don't have this whole Mom thing down to a science, no one does (except maybe Michelle Duggar) 

 but that is what makes this job so great. It is ever changing and you learn something new everyday. One of my friends posted this on Facebook and I thought it was so true  "I breathe. I sleep. I eat. I mother. That’s what mothers do. That’s what love does. We’ve been entrusted with these little sculptable balls of clay that we paste together, paint and glitter up with love."

As Lillian grows I pray that I have raised her/sculpted her to become the Christian that God requests of us.
Proverbs 22:6 
Train up a child in the way he should go;
even when he is old he will not depart from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment