There are certainly pros and cons of pregnancy. lucky for me i didn't have many negatives this go round. So i thought id do a post of my pros and cons.
First i will start with the cons or as I like to put it, things I miss. They are by no means complaints but simply things you don't think about missing until you are pregnant and can't or shouldn't do.
1. Sleeping comfortably: you can't sleep on
your belly ( which use to be the only way I could fall asleep) and shouldn't sleep on your back bc the weight is pushing down on your organs. The only option is either side. And of course you wake up in the middle of the night and your right arm or leg is tingling bc it's numb so you have to flip to your left which is a marathon in and of itself.
2. Potty breaks in middle of night: lucky for me I may only wake up once to pee but it would sometimes take me two hours just to fall back asleep.
3. Shopping for clothes: I miss shopping for clothes. I refuse to buy anything while pregnant (besides the essential yoga pants or leggings that i wear 3-4 times a week) bc hopefully i won't still be this size for long. And wouldn't you know I find some of the cutest stuff on sale right now when I can't fit into it.
4. Physical activity: I know it's fine to workout while pregnant but I always worried I would over exert or move a certain way and cause harm to myself or the baby. Even though I wasn't huge on working out prior to pregnancy it is something I miss doing easily.
5. Being able to turn around to back out while driving. Every time I back out of a spot I worry that I will not be able to see some kid walking behind me bc I can not turn around easily with my seatbelt on.
6. Caesar salad: I only eat Caesar salads and apparently you should eat Caesar dressing bc it has anchovies in it (which I did not know and try not to think about) so I feel like one of the few "healthier" meals I eat I can't unless there is Italian dressing bc I don't like any other dressings.
7. Turkey sandwiches: similar to above you should not eat turkey unless it has been heated to a certain temperature. Which means I can take it to work for lunch bc I refuse to microwave the turkey and they don't have any kind of toaster there.
8. **TMI WARNING** wiping after using potty. Without going into specifics It's similar to turning around to back out while driving, in that having a giant basketball on you prevents you from being able to turn or reach certain areas. This is also true with trying to zip up boots or tie tennis shoes.
9. Symptoms. Again lucky for me I didn't not have many of the typical pregnancy symptoms or if i did they didn't last lo or weren't severe, i.e. morning sickness, frequent urination, exhaustion, swelling up like Violet on Willy Wonka. But I do miss not being able to wear my wedding rings. My poor sausage link fingers feel naked without them.
Now for the things I love about being pregnant!
1. This may seem obvious or a typical cheesy answer but hello the best thing is you are growing a miracle!! I truly believe this is one of the top 5 greatest gifts Gods gives us.
2. Feeling the baby move. It doesn't hurt but may catch you off guard sometimes but it is so unique and such an awesome experience. I could sit here and just watch her move for hours. Even after 20 weeks of being able to feel her move its still so cool to me.
3. Preparing for baby. I have loved thinking of nursery ideas, registering, and purchasing all of the baby items. Maybe that's why God gives us 9months so we have plenty of time to enjoy preparing.
4. Kindness of others. It's great how even strangers are so nice to you when pregnant. They are sincerely excited for you. I picked up some dry cleaning when I was just maybe 20 weeks pregnant and the little dry cleaning lady was insistent about taking the clothes out to my car for me. I think it may have been a total of 3 items. Lol
5. **TMI again** you don't have to worry about "that time of the month" for 9 WHOLE months!!! Seriously this is one of my favorites. :)
6. This one is more of a pro for the hubby but you become very "blessed" as some people may say. Happy for him but it also a small con for me as I am conservative and have to keep the ladies tucked away.
7. Another favorite for me is just discussing our sweet baby with my husband. I can see he is just so excited and we love talking about what our future holds now for our little family.
Even though I have listed more cons than pros, the pros totally outweigh the cons!
Summary of Week Five
15 hours ago